It’s not until today where I had a chance to sit down and post Lauren Mila’s birth story (read Olivia’s here). The past two weeks have been a mixture of so much joy, and love that we haven’t really been focusing on any routines but that goes along with adjusting to life with a newborn, a three year old AND a one year old and I’m totally ok with that for now.
I just love staring at Lauren’s little face! Everyone says looks just like me, what do you guys think? I can see a resemblance but I also see a lot of her dad too.
My c-section was scheduled ahead of time due to my gestational diabetes and everything went as planned, unlike when I had Olivia where anything that could have gone wrong did. I was extremely anxious about the whole process but I was up and walking by the next day and able to feed Lauren without any help which was a big deal for me.
Once at home we got to spend the weekend getting ready for Easter and just hanging out. My blood pressure did start to creep up on me and since I’ve had preeclampsia before my OBGYN put me on some meds. Now that it’s been two weeks I’ll be weaning myself off the meds to see if my blood pressure has stabilized.
Now, I’m slowly but surely recovering, getting back to work and doing a lot of online shopping for my girls. 🙂
Only 6 days left until baby girl #2 arrives! I’ve finally finished up my shopping and since I’m constantly getting asked what are my must have baby items I thought I’d put together a round up of some of my favorites. Scroll to bottom of post for all the must have baby necessities links.
**Post may contain affiliate links.
1. Breastfeeding or not, a Boppy pillow is a must-have! I’ve used it with both Joseph and Olivia, and I will definitely be using it again.
2. A cute Boppy cover is essential!
3. This bassinet with removable baskets will be perfect to keep the baby girl close to me while I sleep and work!
4. When you live in Florida, you’re almost always in and out of air conditioning, so I use muslin wrap blankets in case they get cold. They’re light enough to keep them wrapped all day and they can also be used later on as a favorite blank, just like Olivia does.
5. When Joseph was born he had extremely sensitive skin. I probably should have played it safer with Olivia because her skin was even more delicate. Caring for her sensitive skin was a full-time job. This time, I plan on being prepared with products like the ones I was sent in the Honey Buns Baby Kit. The Honey Buns Baby Kit products were designed specifically for babies, but they’re also perfect for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin. I’ve already tested the Honey Buns Royal Jelly Baby butter on Olivia and I. It’s an amazing product and it leaves her skin so so soft! For more info on the Honey Buns kits, click here.
6. A stylish and roomy baby bag is another must have! This striped baby bag comes with a bottle holder, changing mat and small detachable clutch.
What are your new baby necessities?
7. Olivia loves her binky! Within the first couple of days of bringing her home, I must have went through a dozen of them because I kept losing them until I finally bought her a pacifier clip. I’ve been hooked on them ever since! There’s so many cute options with matching headbands!
8. These Born-Free muslin and terry cloth bibs are perfect for babies with sensitive skin. I bought mine at Marshall’s, but you can also find them here.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media.
With Easter right around the corner, the new Spring Edit Babbleboxx that I got has a treat for everyone!
I’ll start with the yummy stuff: Edible Arrangements! Not only are they fresh and delicous, they’re also beautifully put together and makes for a great hostess gift, an Easter surprise for the kids or even as a gift to a neighbor. This was my first time actually receiving an Edible arrangements and I was definitely impressed. Everyone at home quickly devoured the fruit basket that included chocolate dipped bunnies and pineapple flowers. In addition to the beautiful basket I also got a Bright Swizzle Berries® Box full of fresh strawberries that are all dipped in semi-sweet white chocolate (my favorite). Perfect to place out as a treat or as Easter Gifts!
Want to treat your family or a loved one to an Edible Arrangements? Shop now and save 20% off orders of $50+ by using code BLOG4719.
Now, I don’t know about your kids, but mine love getting a brand new outfit. And not just for Easter! Joseph was so excited to see an outfit for him in the Babbleboxx. I’m already a big fan of Osh Kosh so I knew we’d love their outfit selection. We got a denim button down, a red sporty tee and khaki shorts, which are all perfect for the upcoming warmer weather! Oh, and they also included a cool pair of sunglasses to which Joseph screamed COOL!
The Spring Edition Babbleboxx also included Yum! Spa products. I immediately thought we wouldn’t be able to use them because everyone at home has sensitive skin, but these product are Para-ben free and hypoallergenic. That made this mom happy because they smell delicious and we can actually use them all!
We got the Yum! Spa 2-in-1 Shampoo and conditioner (our fave and only $3.37) leaves hair silky and soft, the sparkle lotion for $2.97 and the Shine Body Mist that I used on myself and loved it! All of them would make a great addition to any girly Easter Basket!
Last, yet certainly not least, we also got Brackitz building toys. Kids can build, design and structure anything they can imagine! These unique sets contain Brackitz that can attach to traditional planks at any angle making it easy to create hours of fun, creative play time!
Any of the fab items in this Spring Babblebox would be perfect to kick off any Spring Break festivities, celebrate Easter or simply as a treat!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FirstsMadeEasy #ForBetterBeginnings #MomsFirsts #CollectiveBias
With baby girl #2 due to make her arrival on April 12th, I’ve been busy adding the finishing touch to her nursery, washing all her pretty pink clothes and organizing the older kids belongings so that grandma and grandpa know exactly where everything is. One of the questions I get asked the most about parenting 6, almost 7 kids soon, is how I keep it all together. It certainly takes a whole village to raise them, but when it is just me and the kids I heavily rely on a routine. I wasn’t always that way with my older kids, but as my crew became bigger, and my work load a little busier, I realized that a routine was essential in making sure things go smoothly for me and the kids. Scroll down for tips on establishing five ways to create an enjoyable bedtime routine right from the start.
A solid bedtime routine for me is essential and only works if the kids entire days schedule is on point but I’m realistic in knowing that that is not always easy to maintain. However, I’ve found that as long as you can at the very least stick to it on most days, you’ll be fine and on days that you can’t, simply try to use their favorite items of choice to create the same environment. Since I’m in total nesting/baby mode, I decided to share my top five ways to create an enjoyable bedtime routine right from the start.
1. Pick a bedtime that works for you and your baby. Everyone has their ideal bedtime, but for me it’s whatever works for YOU. I remember when I worked retail for many years and my boys bedtime was always on the late side. That worked because I got to spend more time with them and we all got to sleep in a little later. Now that I work from home, their bedtime is much earlier, giving me and my husband some much needed time to ourselves. Push aside all the advice and do what works for you!
2.***Whether you’re breast feeding or bottle feeding, finding the right bottle is the most important part of any bedtime routine when your baby is born. I’ve tried dozens of bottles but I always went back to what worked best for all of my kids;Playtex Baby Nurser® with Drop-Ins® Liners! As babies feed, the soft disposable liner inside the bottle gently collapses (like the breast does naturally when breastfeeding) to prevent air from mixing with the milk and getting into baby’s tummy. Another plus: I’ve bottle fed and breast fed with all of my kids and the Most Like Mom® NaturaLatch® Nipple has a natural wide shape and a raised texture which helps the baby latch on naturally, promoting easy switching between breast and bottle. It’s priceless!
The liners (my favorite part) are pre-formed, pre-sterilized and are easy to use. Simply match the liner size (4oz or 8oz) to the size of your bottle, place liner into Nurser bottle and fill it with milk or formula. You can recycle and use again or discard after each use. Either way, they’re super convenient to take along with you in a baby bag on the go. The air-free feeding that the Playtex Baby Nurser® provides help to reduce colic in breast and bottle fed babies, and I couldn’t praise these bottles enough, they really do work and it’s the biggest reason I just bought them again for my seventh baby! FYI: Playtex also makes the equally amazing VentAire that we’ve also used and they too provide complete tummy comfort.
3. Make bedtime something they look forward to. Include a book, song or playing with a stuffed animal. This can be applied as soon as the first night you get home with the baby. The sooner, the better! Your baby will recognize and look forward to the routine you create for them. Each one of my kids liked the whole package so we started with a bath, followed by having them select which stuffed animal they’d like to be cuddling up to that night while we read. To include older kids and babies: simply bring along their feeding pillow and blanket so you can prop them up. Also make sure to include them in the bedtime routine with their siblings. The idea is to do the same thing every night at the same time to ease the all too common bedtime meltdowns.
4. Save the last bottle for bedtime. It’s the perfect time to cuddle and that last bottle can be the start of your very first nightly routine. Just make sure to lay the baby down before they’re completely asleep so that you don’t disturb them as you lay them down and they learn how to put themselves to sleep.
5. Keep an extra binky nearby. If you have a binky using baby, keeping a spare on the nightstand can be a lifesaver! There have been nights where I find myself crawling all over the place looking for a binky, and the longer it takes you to find it, the more awake baby gets. It can make or break the rest of the night. Keep a stash and thank me later! During the day I use a paci clip and even keep them on for the first month or so where the baby isn’t able to move much. **Once baby can roll over and starts grabbing things utilize clips during the day to keep binky off the floor