I don’t always have much time to bake but when I do it’s to make fun and easy recipes like this classic lemon lime poke cake!
Easy To Make Lemon Lime Poke Cake
Lemon Lime Poke Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix, prepared to package instructions
- package (3 ounce) package lime gelatin, divided
- 3 ounce package lemon gelatin, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) package lemon pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cup boiling water (for gelatin)
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- Lime and lemon zest zest
Bake cake in 13×9 pan according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cake.
Combine the lime gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved, and then spoon half of the gelatin carefully over the cake (reserve the other half), making sure to pour over the holes.
Repeat above step with lemon gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved, and then spoon half of the gelatin carefully over the cake (reserve the other half), making sure to pour over the holes.
Stir the lemon pudding with the milk until smooth. Poke large holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour the pudding into the holes. Top the cake with whipped topping and lemon and lime zest.
Chill for 4 hours before serving. Serves 12-15
Pin this lemon lime poke cake for later!