I received compensation from Bayer Consumer Health, makers of MiraLAX® to write this post. MiraLAX® is a laxative used to treat occasional constipation. All opinions are entirely my own. #EaseTheDay #CollectiveBias
I think everyone knows that one of the easiest ways to get moving and burn a few extra calories is by going on a walk. I’ve found that counting those steps is a fun challenge for me. Below are some easy ways to take 10,000 steps a day. It’s a lot harder than you think!
Believe it or not, back in the day I used to weigh about 250 pounds. I had gained about 80 pounds during my fourth pregnancy. I never really paid much attention to how I looked, I just knew I felt unhealthy and needed to do something about it. I decided to buy myself a five dollar pedometer at Walmart and started counting steps and I actually found the challenge a lot of fun!
Now, here I am a year after having my seventh baby. I’m back at counting steps again! After having three back to back pregnancies I’ve finally admitted to myself that I’m struggling to get rid of the baby weight and I need to get up and move more.
Intentionally walking more has a ton of benefits besides losing weight, it also gives me lots of energy.. Constipation can be a total downer when you’re trying to get fit. When I have occasional constipation, I turn to MiraLAX® because it works with my body’s natural process.
Why I chose MiraLAX®:
- It works with the body (making it great to combine with counting steps or any physical activity), MiraLAX® provides a gentle experience , and doesn’t cause harsh side effects.
- MiraLAX® is different from stimulant laxatives.
- Stimulant laxative pills make your body go by forcefully stimulating the nerves in your colon. MiraLAX® works with the water in your body to hydrate, soften, and ease, unblocking your system naturally.
Five Ways To Get 10,000 Steps A Day
I’ve now got a new, more modern pedometer (and some cute walking gear), but my efforts will be old school. I’ve listed my favorite and easy ways to get those 10,000 steps in below!
- Find the furthest parking spot away when you’re out shopping!
- Take the stairs whenever possible!
- When putting away laundry, instead of grabbing a basket, go back and forth with individual stacks of clothing. Every little bit counts!
- As a mom, having things handy makes you more efficient, but it won’t get you moving. Purposely keep everyday necessities like wipes, diapers, and even binkies put away somewhere that you’ll have to get up and get it. Bonus points if you carry the baby when you go get them!
- Easiest one: ditch the remote and during commercials, get up and move!
Pin Five Ways To Get 10,000 Steps A Day for later
Do you guys ever count steps to get more active? I’d love to hear more ways to sneak those extra steps in!