These little bite-sized keto hot chocolate fat bombs look and taste like cheesecake bites! They are fancy – perfect for parties – and tasty too.
Sweet Hot Chocolate Bites
Naming these sweet treats was difficult because they don’t look like your typical fat bombs. Sure, they are made with cream cheese, just like classic fat bombs. But they actually look more like a hot cocoa-dusted cheesecake bite than a round chewy fat bomb.
I was going to title them Mexican Hot Chocolate Bites because that really is what they are. The cream cheese and butter bites are rolled in a spicy chocolate coating. The spice comes from a combination of chili powder and cinnamon. There is nothing like that combination!
These sweet hot chocolate bites are super-rich and sweet, without using any sugar! Not only are they coated in cocoa, but the cream cheese on the inside is chocolate too!
Easy Keto Hot Chocolate Fat Bomb
They might not look like typical fat bombs. They look more like little festive cheesecake bites with cute little whipped cream hats! Let me tell you, they are packed with healthy fats.
The cream cheese and butter together will fill you up so fast that you won’t be tempted to overindulge in too many of them.
Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb
I think my favorite thing about these keto chocolate fat bombs is that they taste like Mexican hot cocoa! Have you ever tried spicy hot chocolate?
The chili powder and cinnamon actually enhance the chocolate, so it has a deeper and richer taste. As you bite into them, you’ll be licking your lips, savoring each note and flavor it leaves behind.
Cocoa Cheesecake Bites
These cocoa cheesecake bites are topped with homemade whipped topping. If you have a stand mixer, then it’s as easy as dumping the heavy whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla into the mixer and letting it do all the work.
The best kind of sweetener for homemade whipped cream is powdered Erythritol. It will help the cream really whip with amazing peaks and the perfect sweet taste without any funky aftertaste.
For a little more festive flair, you could sprinkle some sugar-free dark shavings on top.
Keto Appetizer With Cream Cheese
If you serve this as an appetizer, your guests won’t be hungry for dinner. They seriously fill you up. I like to eat one when I’m feeling hungry between meals. It cuts my cravings and helps me stay within my macros. They are pretty magical like that!
They don’t last very long in the refrigerator, so eat them as soon as you can! If you want to keep them longer-term, I suggest putting them in a freezer-safe container and keeping them in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them again, you might have to let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Keto Hot Chocolate Fat Bomb Recipe
Here’s a list of ingredients to make these keto hot chocolate fat bombs. The exact measurements and ingredients are listed is in the printable recipe card just a little bit further below.
Yields 10-12 fat bombs
Erythritol powdered sweetener
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Heavy whipping cream
Erythritol powdered sweetener
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy (about 90 seconds)
2. Add in vanilla, sweetener, seasonings, and cocoa powder and beat for an additional 90 seconds.
3. On the parchment paper surface, spread mixture into the middle of the paper, then roll into a cylinder shape.
4. Freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare whipped topping by adding heavy cream to a mixing bowl or stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks begin to form. Add in sweetener and vanilla, then beat for an additional 30 seconds.
6. Place in a piping bag and refrigerate.
7. Let fat bomb roll sit for 3-4 minutes, then using your hands, help roll into a uniform cylinder shape.
8. Open parchment paper and cut the roll into 10-12 equal pieces.
9. Prepare surface with parchment paper.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to a shallow plate and dip the top of each fat bomb into the cocoa powder.
11. Place each fat bomb, cocoa side up, on parchment surface. Pipe dollop of whipped cream onto each fat bomb.
12. Serve and enjoy! To store, either refrigerate or freeze in a covered container.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Keto Hot Chocolate Fat Bombs
These little bite-sized keto hot chocolate fat bombs look and taste like cheesecake bites! They are fancy - perfect for parties - and tasty.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Fat Bombs
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 8 tbsp Grass-Fed Butter softened
- 2 tbsp Erythritol Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder plus 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Erythritol Powdered Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy (about 90 seconds)
Add in vanilla, sweetener, seasonings, and cocoa powder and beet for an additional 90 seconds.
On parchment paper surface, spread mixture into middle of paper, then roll into cylinder shape.
Freeze for 30 minutes.
Prepare whipped topping by adding heavy cream to a mixing bowl or stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks begin to form. Add in sweetener and vanilla, then beat for an additional 30 seconds.
Place in piping bag and refrigerate.
Let fat bomb roll sit for 3-4 minutes, then using your hands, help roll into a uniform cylinder shape.
Open parchment paper and cut roll into 10-12 equal pieces.
Prepare surface with parchment paper.
Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to shallow plate and dip top of each fat bomb into the cocoa powder.
Place each fat bomb, cocoa side up, on parchment surface. Pipe dollop of whipped cream onto each fat bomb.
Serve and enjoy! To store, either refrigerate or freeze in a covered container.
Calories: 175 Per Serving
Net Carbs: 2 Net Carb Per Serving
The nutritional information for this recipe is calculated as a courtesy and is approximate only. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipes on this site.
Low-Carb Cream Cheese Snacks
If you enjoyed these keto hot chocolate fat bombs, here are some more low-carb cream cheese snacks you should try next. Almost all of them are perfect for parties too!