This year has been a roller coaster ride for me. It’s was fun, crazy-busy, at times stressful, but most of all it was a year of learning from my mistakes. Below are the top 5 things that I learned the hard way and how I plan on incorporating those lessons in 2014.
- It’s ok to say no. This one is a tough one that will take some work. I tend to say yes to the wrong people in the hopes that I will make everyone happy and HOPE that in return will make me happy – never has worked and it never will! I have got to simply put myself and my family first and do what makes us happy and nothing more.
- I can’t control everything. I’m a type A in everything I do. It’s both a blessing and a curse especially when working from home with 4 kids and 1 on the way and survival depends on being able to go with the flow. I can’t micro manage everyone and everything in my life and more importantly I can’t do it all. For 2014 I plan on letting go and asking my friends and family for more help if I need it.
- EVERYTHING happens for a reason. This one is self explanatory but the trick is really believing and understanding that it occurs when I follow my intuition and heart.
- Never leave for tomorrow what you can do today. Nothing motivates me more than the “last minute” BUT it does have its down side. I have 4 boys, 2 websites and a house to run. I had to find a more organized way to motivate myself and these past couple months being pregnant has been perfect training for me. I was forced to slow down and I naturally found ways to get going. For me it was scheduling. I know it sounds like a no brainer BUT I used to loathe scheduling anything. I’ve always felt that it took away from spontaneity but I’ve come to love and depend on it. I now wake up 2 hours earlier and have everything planned out. It’s worked wonders for me and my nerves. For 2014 there will be vision boards and lots of to do list.
- Stop trying to hide my curves. Sounds silly but I tend to be really self conscious about my weight. But being forced in front of the camera while I was losing weight and then gaining it all back with this pregnancy it has helped me embrace my curves. Hopefully this will stick because I will have weight to lose this year but I want the focus to be on getting in shape not how much I weigh. 🙂
So there you have it 5 things that have made a dramatic difference in my life and I’m hoping next year to have tripled this list. Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year.