Bake this low carb 7 layer taco dip for your next party! It feeds a crowd and is incredibly low-carb and high-protein.
Easy Taco Salad Dip
If you are planning a party, then this recipe should be on your menu! It has a ton of amazing flavors that all combine in a fantastic way. In fact, no one is going to be able to tell it is low-carb.
Not everyone at the party is on a keto diet – so I’ll serve this with some tortilla chips for them, and some cheese crisps for me!
Turkey Taco Recipe
Ground turkey is one of my favorite types of ground meat. This dip will still taste just as delicious with ground chicken, chorizo, or even tofu. In fact, chorizo will give it a little extra spice.
What’s In 7 Layer Taco Dip
All of the exact ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here are the 7 layers in my dip:
- Turkey Taco Meat – In the recipe card at the bottom of this post, I included instructions for homemade taco seasoning that is keto-friendly. You could also use a packet of taco seasoning if it doesn’t have added carbs or sugars.
- Guacamole – Make it homemade for the best flavor, or just use a package from the grocery store.
- Sour Cream – On the keto diet it’s best to use full-fat sour cream because your body burns fat for energy.
- Salsa: In a pinch, picante sauce can work. I prefer salsa because it is thicker and works better in the dip.
- Shredded Cheese: Use your favorite type of shredded cheese – pepper jack will have a little bit of kick!
- Green Onions: They add crunch and a bit of zest to the dip.
- Sliced Olives: I used black olives because they taste best with the other ingredients, but you can use green olives as well.
But don’t stop there! Go beyond 7 layers and add your own favorite toppings. Add a few splashes of hot sauce, chopped avocado, or some queso fresco.
How To Serve It
After it is finished baking, let it cool and then set it out on the table with some celery. It’s that easy!
If you are serving it at a party, make individual cups with the dip so guests can carry them around.
Another fun serving suggestion: add a small bit of the dip on some crispy cheese shells. Now you have a low-carb appetizer that everyone will enjoy.
How To Store It
This dip tastes the best fresh. I don’t recommend storing it in the refrigerator or trying to make it ahead of time. If you want to save yourself prep time before the party, make the turkey taco meat ahead of time and then just warm it up before you make the layered dip.
Best 7 Layer Mexican Dip
This is the best party dip recipe you will ever make! Everyone loves all the different layers. Plus, it is super easy to customize. If you know someone that doesn’t like olives, just leave them out.
Plus, you can serve it is so many different ways too. Serve with some Mexican Cauliflower Rice or add some fresh sliced bell peppers for dipping.
7 Layer Taco Dip with Ground Beef
Yes, you can definitely make taco meat with ground beef. I used ground turkey because I like the light flavor and the fact that it is lower in saturated fats. But ground beef is a fantastic choice.
7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this dip. Exact measurements can be found within the printable recipe card.
Ground turkey taco meat **see recipe card below**
Shredded Mexican cheese
1. In a 8×8 casserole dish, layer the bottom with taco meat.
2. Add guacamole, and sour cream,
3. Top with salsa.
4. Add cheese and onions.
5. Top with desired amount of sliced olives (Feel free to add more onions and olives).
6. Serve with fresh sliced bell peppers, celery and/or lettuce wraps.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
7 Layer Taco Dip
Bake this low-carb 7 layer taco dip for your next party! It feeds a crowd and is incredibly low-carb and high-protein.
Turkey Taco Meat
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup Filtered Water
7 Layer Dip
- 2 cups Turkey Taco Meat
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/3 cup Green Onions chopped
- 1/3 cup Sliced Olives
Combine turkey taco meat ingredients in a medium skillet. Cook until completely browned.
In an 8x8 casserole dish, layer the bottom with taco meat.
Add guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, onion and sliced olives. (Feel free to add more onions and olives, as desired).
Serve with fresh sliced bell peppers, celery and/or lettuce wraps.
Calories: 195 per serving (1/2 cup)
Net Carbs: 3 Net Carbs Per Serving
The nutritional information for this recipe is calculated as a courtesy and is an approximate only. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipes on this site.
Healthy Cinco De Mayo Food
If you enjoyed this 7 layer taco dip, here are some more healthy recipes for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations.